Monday, March 14, 2011

A weekend away...

A few weeks ago, I decided I needed to get away. Despite going to vegas soon, I'm looking to fill my time with as many activities as I can. I went to Grand Rapids Michigan and Kalamazoo this last weekend. It was fun for the most part. I really can't stand much electronic music anymore. That part of my life is gone for the most part. It's not something I will willingly play in my car when going anywhere. Sometimes, I do enjoy a night out at Smartbar, but it has to be on my own terms. Pete was spinning in public for the first time and I was there to support him. I spent most of the night by myself observing everything and I greatly enjoyed it. I'm not really a social person. I don't talk to strangers. I just do my thing. You'll often find me texting, which was in full effect that night. I had a few drinks in me and my fingers went wild. We went to an after hours party, to which I don't remember a whole lot. We left around 6am, it was way passed my bedtime at this point. I fell asleep in the car on the way home. I was surprised I did, but I was incredibly tired. The rest of the weekend wasn't so great. I had to endure even more music I didn't want to hear while sitting by myself at Pete's friends house. They were in their own little world, while I sat alone with the cat. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday night visiting a friend. Eventually I told him I'd like to go back to the house. He dropped me off and went back to hanging out. I threw on Animal House and went to bed. I wasn't thrilled about sitting around and listening to electronic music all weekend, I didn't think i would have to endure that much. Overall the trip was pretty decent. the drive wasn't horrible. I stopped at Redamak's on my way home for a delicious burger. When I got home, I relaxed and watched the Cubs game. I had a wonderful conversation with a very good friend for the rest of the night. I ordered things for vegas. I messed with my budget a bit this weekend, but you only live once!

3 comments:

  1. That's kind of crazy that he just left you at his house by himself. You'd think he would have taken the hint that you didn't want to be there and go home with you since you were in town to see him. Silly.

    What are you ordering for Vegas?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt mind getting dropped off and him going back out, i just wanted to sleep!


    i just ordered those gift certificates. SO CLOSE TO LEAVING

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you expect, hanging out with such a raveSTAR on a weekend? :)

    ReplyDelete