Friday, March 18, 2011

Vacation has commenced

My two weeks off work have officially started. It's lovely knowing I don't have to wake up every morning and go somewhere. I'm going to sleep in A LOT. I love sleep.

My vacation kicked off with St Patrick's day. I am a fan of this holiday. I'm proud of my Irish heritage. I went out to Dekalb to hang out with Fucker for the occasion. We were pretty lame in the start of the day, we took a nap. Eventually we busted out the Jameson and met up with some friends at the bar. From what I can remember it was a fabulous time. There were plenty of green beers, shots and fantastic people around. I'm still wondering why I thought it was a good idea to walk back to the house from the bar. We only made it about halfway. We made it about 10 feet before bitching about walking. I hope I didn't make a total ass of myself, but really, what does it matter? I get a little out of control sometimes. I don't remember going to bed, but drunk Loryn did plug my phone in, which makes me laugh. No matter what happens, my phone will always get charged overnight.

The drive home was not pleasant. My tire went flat on the highway and I had to sit there for awhile for my dad to come. I attempted to change the tire myself, which is difficult to do in a skirt. Just a few minutes after I had begun this, the HELP truck came by but was not so much help. Since I have aftermarket tires, I needed a special tool to take off the lugnuts. Well, this special tool was never returned to me from Discount Tire last month. I was going to be so proud of myself if I changed my own tire, but alas, I could not. Now I have to buy a new wheel and tire. I'm not exactly thrilled about this, but at least I don't have to do much driving before my next paycheck so I can blow hundreds of dollars on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment