Friday, March 25, 2011

Vegas Vacation Pt. 1

It's been two days in vegas now. We've had a very laid back stay so far. We don't need to party hard in the beginning since we've got so much time here. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

We landed 3 hours later than expected, which was not lovely at all. Spirit airlines is pretty much the worst. All the reviews we had read were dead on. No leg room, had to pay for every little thing, and the plane wasn't exactly clean. I felt horrible for the very tall man who couldn't even fit in his seat and hand his legs hanging out into the aisle. I'm sure that was a safety hazard, but there was no way he was fitting. I didnt see him get up, but I believe they gave him a seat up front where he could fit better. Taking Spirit home and never flying them again, I don't care how cheap they are. A 3 hour delay is just uncalled for. It was a 2 hour delay when we got to the airport at 8pm and we didn't actually take off until 1am. I got a hold of my old friend/coworker Scott who now lives in vegas. He said to let him know when we land and he'd pick us up. Unfortunately, he had fallen asleep and we took a cab to the airport. He called a bit later and met up with us since we wanted to check out some penny slots. We did a little gambling and then Sarah went to bed and I went out with Scott. He drove me up and down the strip and we stopped for food. I didn't get back to the room until almost 7am. How I stayed up that late is beyond me.

We had a lovely relaxing day. Got up late, went for breakfast at 1pm. We took the tram to the Excalibur and did a little sightseeing. We went to the shops in Mandalay Bay and there is a purse in the Guinness store that I am determined to purchase with gambling winnings.We sat and had a drink at the bar at Excalibur while watching the Cubs/Sox game. We then made our way to the Nurture Spa at Luxor. It was A-MAZ-ING. I've never had such an amazing massage ever. I would highly recommend going there. Luckily we were there while they were running a special. a 50 minute massage was only 50 bucks. I treated Sarah to her first massage and possibly got her addicted, which is only fair since I am now addicted to video roulette and blackjack. I don't think I'll ever play at a real table. Video is less pressure. I had almost half what I needed for that purse and lost most of it. I started playing my winnings again, we'll be going again tomorrow.

Now it's time to wind down and go to bed. We have a big day tomorrow. Shopping and GAGA!

No comments:

Post a Comment