Monday, July 13, 2009

I'll need a new one anyways..


So with my car hitting 200,000 miles recently and now up to 201,000+, I really need to consider a new vehicle sometime in the near future. My car is doing pretty decent for the age/mileage, but i know that probably won't last long. my dad DID put a new/used transmission it in a lil while ago, but really, how long can that last? it had about the same mileage on it that my car did but was probably treated better. as much as i DONT want to think logically about a car and justify getting one that i would kill for, i really need logic and financially reasonable. i've noticed, like many, these smart cars for awhile. i never really looked into them or anything until recently. they're kinda cute, small and compact. honestly, i want a smaller car. a sedan is just not something i really like. i miss having a coupe. the smart cars are very logical. the only draw back is that it's a 2 seater. can i really deal with that? on the very brightside of that, this means i wouldn't be able to shuttle people anywhere, which sames me on driving. i did the math on financing one and insurance on it. the smart car i'm looking at would be around 350 a month and insurance might be around 80. considering my other bills, this would be possible. the one thing i really need to teach myself is to NOT eat out so often. plus, with quiting smoking, i save money there. i really think this would be a logical step for me and getting my credit back on track, if they approve me. even with crappy credit and interest payments up the ass, it's still not that badly priced. i just need to save up for a down payment. my dream car would have to be put on hold for now. i really love this car, it's about 10 grand more though. i would love to own one of these one day, but not now, not yet. one day though. but for now, let's get logical

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get a new car I'm about three years away from that. I really like the smart cars though.

    ReplyDelete