Monday, July 6, 2009

Let freedom ring...

I had quite an eventful weekend. More action packed that what it usually it due to holiday festivities. It was a good time. It started on thursday night going to smartbar to see Dieselboy. that was a short night, i got tired and angry at smartbar for some bullshit. So then on Saturday, Pete was in town from Michigan and we got some lunch at portiollos. Luckily it stopped raining so much. He went to pick up Mike, I went to pick up Tommy and we met up at Oli's for a BBQ. It was a good time, there were a few people there i wish I'd never see again but they left shortly after i got there luckily. As it turns out, I'm pretty terrified of roman candles and fireworks that are set off right in front of me. In the picture to the left, Pete had lit my roman candle and i started screaming. Tim had to jump in and save the day..and garage that i had the candle directed at. he held my hand the whole time while i was screaming with my eyes closed. i had the thing pointed directly at the garage. oops! no more fireworks for me. After that Tommy, Mike and I ran off to try to catch the fireworks show at Navy Pier but failed horribly. we missed them by a half hour. i wasn't all that upset, but it would have been nice to see fireworks other than in the alley behind Oli's house.

So we went back to Oli's and eventually convinced everyone to try my fail cake. I attempted to make Castle McIntosh, which obviously didn't turn out very well. it was a mix of Golden Butter mix with Chocolate Kahlua. i must say it was deeelicious. there were strawberries also baked into it. it didn't turn out as planned though.only half the cake wanted to come out of the pan, so i went with it anyways. i was going to make it pink, but i didn't enjoy the color. i went with purple and sprinkles. All in all it was a good night. Sunday was nice as well, Tommy and I went to his best friends birthday at her house. i saw some people i wish i hadn't and was outside longer than i wanted to be, but it was a good time.
after that i FINALLY got some alone time with Tommy. we hung out, cuddled and went to get some food. We were together all weekend but hadn't gotten much time to spend alone, which is one of my favorite things to do, his as well. so we had our own time together, got some food and had to say good night. He is probably one of the best things in my life right now and will be for awhile. I've never been so happy with someone. Never felt this good about myself or the relationship I'm in until him. all my friends seem to adore him which is a very rare occurrence. We're aware people are jealous and we usually high five when we talk about it. When i was on the way taking Mike home, without any sarcasm or haste in his voice he said "you guys are so cute." I never thought i would hear that come out of his mouth unless it was followed with something disturbing and angry. it's nice that my friends are so happy for me because I'm so happy for once. I've had the best quarter of a year, all thanks to him. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment